OK, so she has a point.

9:36 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
Anna has been interested in sign language for some time now. She used to just make gestures up and say, "That's sign language for...". And she'd give you that "it's painfully hard to deal with someone as dumb as a rock, but I am trying" look if you didn't get it.

So, I told her that there was a real language of sign language, and we bought her a kids sign language book, that we have been learning from - a little here are there. So, this week, she pointed to a sign and wanted me to teach it to her. I told her that was the sign for the word "louder".

She said, "No it's not, SILLY!!!"
I maintained that it WAS the sign for loud.
She replied, "But Mommy (yeah - I was getting that dumb as a rock look again) why would they need a sign for 'louder' if they can't HEAR anything?!"

1 Point to Anna. She wins this round.

0 comments: