Latest Anna-isms...

10:51 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
As we get ready for Anna to start Kindergarten next week, we have been chuckling over a few of her recent comment. Some of them are obviously influenced by the games that she and her engineer Daddy play. They are so cute together.

------------------------------------------------------------------
CURTIS: What's 1+1
ANNA: 2.
CURTIS: What's A+B?
ANNA: Zero - those aren't numbers. (eye roll)
CURTIS: What is A+B if A=1 and B=2
(I laughed and started to say, "Honey, she's only FIVE!" when Anna interrupted me)
ANNA: That's 3. Duh! (bigger eye roll)

I don't know if I should be impressed or scared.
------------------------------------------------------------------
CURTIS: What is 3x1?
ANNA: 3
CURTIS: What is 3x2?
ANNA: Ummm...6
CURTIS: What is 3x3?
ANNA: Uh, Daddy, I think you mean 3 squared.

It took me a second to realize that she was actually right.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
We were doing a MadLibs (remember those?) in a restaurant, and I was explaining each blank (adverb, adjective, etc,) So, when we got to a noun, I said, "A noun is something you can pick up or touch." Anna corrected me and said, "Actually, a noun is a person, place or thing, Mommy."

Damn.
------------------------------------------------------------------

0 comments: