Veteran's Day

12:21 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
Happy Veteran's Day! Today the kids and I went to Petaluma to watch the Veteran's Day parade. It was fun, but not the same without Curtis with us (no holiday for him! Boo!). Anna is so proud that her Daddy served in the military.







----------------------------------------------
Just the other day, we were in Target, and Anna saw this display of Christmas nutcrackers, but they were dressed in themes (ballerina, rock star, soldier, etc.) She really wanted the soldier one, and I veto'd the purchase, on the grounds that I won't buy CHRISTMAS stuff in September...just on principle! The following conversation ensued:

A: But it will remind me of Daddy, because he was a soldier.
B: You don't need to be 'reminded' of Daddy, you see him every day!
A: But not when he's at work.
B: If he's at work you can call him anytime you want to.
A: No I can't.
B: Yes, Anna, you can. He's always available by phone if he's not at home and you can call.
A: But last week you told me I couldn't call Daddy right then because he was in a meeting, and I would have had this nutcracker to REMIND me of him then.
*sigh*
I did NOT cave and buy the nutcracker though. (Well, until later, when I went back and got it when she wasn't with me. So I guess I did...but she doesn't KNOW I did...yet.)
----------------------------------------------
Anna wanted to make Curtis something for Veteran's Day today. She said she wanted to make a Lego sculpture of something he used when he was in the Army. I said, "Hmmm...I don't know. He mostly blew stuff up, honey." This THRILLED her. She was off to the Lego bin, and worked all afternoon on her own version of Lego dynamite, burning fuse and all. Then after she gave it to Curtis, she wanted them to pose for pictures as if they just lit and were running away, Mythbuster Style. Funny little girl...

1 comments:

Amy said...

Great pics! Too bad you didn't get any of the BACKS of their heads!

ps. There's a word for using another person's photo's without permission... And I for one, would NEVER do anything like that, especially not with a picture of Champion the horse!