Last night's prayer...

8:15 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
"Thank you God for the lights in our house that make it so bright and beautiful and keep all the scary shadows away."

Soooo cute. The other night Anna couldn't fall back asleep after she came and got in bed with us. She told me that she was just keeping her eyes opened in case there were any scary shadows, so she'd see them. She didn't seem worried or scared, just matter of fact.

I told her that Mommy & Daddy were there to do that for her, and we'd always take care of her. Not buying.

I told her that no matter where she was, God was always watching her and had angels to take care of her every second of every day. Not buying.

Finally, I told her that Rigby was watching. And I reminded her that during the day, he barks at EVERY little sound, motion or movement within 100 yards of our house. (Damned dog.) And I told her that he watches out at night too, but since there are no scary things, he is not barking. To demonstrate my point, I very softly snapped my finger once. Like magic - Rigby appeared from whatever soft spot he was snuggled in sleeping and jumped up on the bed and curled up between us and licked her face.

She giggled and then went to sleep. I guess he's not TOTALLY useless.

1 comments:

Leigh said...

Aww, that is too sweet!