Phrases you should probably never utter.

8:59 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
I am sorry Anna is late to pre-school today. We were filling out her March Madness bracket.
Nah - I didn't say it. It would have been TRUE - but I still didn't say it. For those that don't know, March Madness is the NCAA College Basketball playoffs. And even if you are a complete basketball moron, like myself, there is something really exciting and fast paced and fun about March Madness, so it's the only time that Curtis & I follow basketball. Your 'bracket' is basically a list of who you are betting on to win each game. Mine is usually about as accurate at a monkey throwing darts - but sometimes, I do surprisingly well. (Emphasis on "surprisingly".)

This morning, Anna filled out her first bracket. Such a proud parenting moment. It seems she may employ some of the same selection criteria that I do. Things like, "Which name is the most fun to say?" (That's why Gonzaga allllways goes a long way in my bracket.) Or things that make her giggle. (Like, everytime I say Duke, in my head I start singing, "Duke, Duke Duke, Duke of Earl, Duke Duke.").

She did have some creative strategy of her own though. If you follow the NCAA playoffs at all, you may have heard of the "5-12 upset". Well, Anna had her own ideas. She picked the 1-16 upset. In every region. Yeaaaahhhhh.....it could happen. Maybe. Hey, if it does - she will look like a genius! Right now, it looks like she has George Mason going all the way. GO GUNSTON!!!

0 comments: