Anna's Offering...

6:07 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
Anna has three piggy banks: one for God, one for college and one for 'surprises' (toys). She actually came up with that idea on her own quite awhile ago. Well, this weekend, we were going to church, and Anna said she wanted to take her "For God" piggy bank and give it in the offering. I said, "Sure..." and got her a big ziplock bag to empty it into. (She had $28.02 saved up in there!)

She then took a Sharpie, and said she was going to write her name on it, so God would know who it was from. When I came back, this is what she had written:

"To God. From Anna.
I love you Kodi & Mariah."

Kodi is our dog that died this year, and she often talks about him being up in heaven now. And Mariah is my mom's dog that died 2 years ago. She wanted God to tell them that she loves them, or 'just show them the note if he wants to.' She also turned the "o" in "God" into a picture of Kodi, and wrote his name next to it, so God would know what he looked like to find him, to show him the note.

It was so sweet, it made me cry. OK, honestly, I am so pregnant and hormonal right now, the right BEER commercial can make me cry, but still. Pretty cute...



2 comments:

Amy J said...

Oh my goodness, that is too sweet. I can totally see how this made you teary!

Karen said...

OMG i am not pregnant and she's not my daughter but I am still getting teary eyed! So sweet!