"Smell My Thumb."

12:39 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
Yeah - you probably think you know where this is headed, and it can't be good, right? Ummm....yeah....you're right. The following conversation took place at our dinner table last night.

CURTIS: Finish your dinner. It's bedtime soon.
ANNA: I don't want to go to bed. Can I take a bath instead?
BEK: Nope - it's getting late. Bedtime.
Anna pauses thoughtfully. Curtis and I resume conversation.
ANNA: Hey! Smell my thumb!
Curtis and I exchange wary gazes.
BEK: Why....?
ANNA: Just because. Smell it!
BEK: (Smells thumb.) OK - what does it smell like.
ANNA: Does it smell like I need to take a bath?
CURTIS: Why....?
ANNA: (In a very proud voice) Becuase I just picked my bottom with it!
There is a stretching silence now, because at this point, Curtis and I realize that it is vitally important that we remain composed and DO NOT LAUGH, but we're both struggling. In the stretching silence, Anna adds in a tiny little voice...
ANNA: Should I wash my hands now?
CURTIS & BEK: YES!!!

1 comments:

Heather said...

OMG she must have you in stitches all day long. LOL!