When was the last time that you...

7:07 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
...banged your head against a brick wall repeatedly...I mean, tried to solve a Rubix Cube? Anna has, for some reason, been enthralled by the Rubix Cube and she kept begging me to buy one for her. I tried putting her off, telling her it would just be frustrating, changing the subject, avoiding them...all to no avail. Finally, we conceded, knowing full well how this would end.

It took approximately .67 seconds to irreparably mix up the damned thing. (I say approximately, because my finger couldn't start and stop the stopwatch as fast as she could screw up the pretty matching color sides.) Curtis and I exchanged a look, and knew that this was one of those parenting moments that we needed to 'rise to the occasion' for. So we did.

We taught her to cheat. I mean, seriously, I spent a long time in my childhood (at least 10 minutes or so) trying to solve one of those things before someone taught me how to cheat my way back to color coded bliss. Mine was so loose from being repeatedly popped apart and back together that it had a hard time staying in rows to turn normally. Apparently, Curtis had a similar experience, because he whipped it apart and reassembled it in record time.

So, Anna is still thrilled with the Rubix cube. But now she brings it to me every few minutes and says in her sweet little voice, "Mommy, will you help me cheat?" Ahhh...out of the mouths of babes.


1 comments:

Amy said...

I read this story on your FB page, but I still think it's great! And I love the new look!

"Look at all the pretty colors..."