Grandmere & Grandpere

10:46 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
My Dad's parents were never know to us as Grandma and Grandpa. My grandmother wanted to be a little different, so we always called them Grandmere and Grandpere (the French version). They both passed away a number of years ago (high school and college for me). They were such neat people and I have such great memories of them. I was just thinking about them this morning, and wishing that they could have known Curtis (he only met Grandmere once, and she was already 'not herself') and that Anna could have known them. They would have had SO much fun together. We've been cleaning house, and I came across a box of my Grandmere's jewelry, mostly costume stuff - but totally "her". Anna and I were playing with it this morning and I was telling her all about her Great-Grandmere and Great-Grandpere. It made me teary then (as I am now, while typing this). I hope they're up in heaven somewhere enjoying watching her grow, and that someday when we're all there together, they'll have a blast together.

2 comments:

JL said...

oh they are having a great time together in heaven! I just know it....

RagDoll said...

I know that they are indeed watching! I love the titles 'Grandepere' and 'Grandmere'. That is what my Mom was going to be called until Kainoa came up with his own idea. It's a product of my Creole side.