What a charmer...

10:37 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
So, while we're painting Anna's room, she is in her toddler bed in our room. And I'm trying to work at the computer while she goes to sleep. But, since she had about a dozen poached cookies from Aunt Sandi's next door before bed - and several handfuls of "sprinkles" - sleep does not appear to be forthcoming. Here are but a few of the tactics that she has tried tonight so far....
  • "But I need another sip of water."
  • "I need a Kleenex."
  • "Wait - I need to tell Daddy I love him again."
  • "Mommy, I need to tell you something important. I love you."
  • "Wait, Mommy. I need to tell you something really important. I love you."
  • (After I said, "Close your eyes and go to sleep,"...) "But mommy, is it OK if I just leave them open so that I can look at you."
  • "Oh, Mommy. I love you soooo much."
  • "Mommy, you're so pretty. And Daddy is handsome."
  • "Wait - I need to give you one of these." (Holding her hand up for a high five.)
  • "OK, I'm just going to come get into Mommy & Daddy's bed to go to sleep now."

Some nights, we're both admittedly short and frustrated by the time she goes to sleep (usually around 9pm when she's out). Tonight, we were both cracking up and melting with the sweetness. And she's still awake trying to engage me even while I'm typing this. What a doll. We are so blessed.

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Oh she's too stinking cute!

JL said...

she is so cute - ben tries all kinds of stuff...
-more milk momma please?
-I poopied (Right)
-Can I hold Thomas (who is out in the livingroom)