Nobody is going to die.

2:30 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Whose idea was is to act as general on this addition myself? What a dumb ass. Yikes. Don't get me wrong. I didn't go into this thinking that the general contractor's don't earn their money. I know they get paid for knowing what the heck they're doing. It's just that we couldn't AFFORD it that way. And there *is* a lot we can do ourselves. But coordinating our portion with the contractor doing the dry-in has been ugly. And the contractor is great - but I am in WAY over my head! But, we'll get there. I have faith that God got us here for a reason, and I'm pretty resourceful. So far, I've been using my "dumb girl" look a lot, quite believably too. hahaha

So, the foundation is done. Met with our wonderful, amazing friends last night who are helping with the plumbing and HVAC stuff to coordinate them. (God bless, Erik & Kelly.) Cut out the floor portions that we needed to clear before the joists could go in until 11pm last night, with Curtis. Floor joists are going in today on the bottom floor. Then we have to do underfloor plumbing, underfloor HVAC ducts and insulation and get them inspected before the subfloor can go on and work can continue. Deep breath. Deep Breath.

Very exciting. Very scary. But, as Curtis reminded me last night....if we don't get it right for an inspection, nobody dies. We just get another inspection. That's my new mantra. "Nobody is going to die." Unless the inspector isn't looking close enough to see what we'll have f'd up on our electrical stuff. hahaha Then, it's a possibility.

0 comments: