I FINALLY picked a paint color.

9:14 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
Geez - this has been the most stressful thing so far. I had SUCH a hard time picking out paint for the house.

Curtis wanted it to keep the same base color, so we wouldn't have to repaint the existing house. I wanted AT LEAST the trim color changed, because what I wanted to be slate blue looks more like PURPLE trim. Uck.

I originally wanted green. Something nice, light, muted, subtle, sage colored. Maybe light or white trim. Maybe dark trim. But every color combo I tried out was nasty, or I loved it and everyone else veto'd it.

Then I tried charcoal grey trim on the beige, which actually probably LOOKED nice, but it just wasn't me. Grey and beige - depressing. Or as my dad would say, "Muddy colors." Blech.

Now, you'd think this wouldn't be such a monumental decision. It's JUST paint. But, knowing how much Curtis HATES to paint, I have this feeling that whatever paint I choose is going to the color on the house until our children reach retirment age....so I feel a certain pressure to pick something GOOD! And the hurry is that I have to tell the roofer what color shingles and gutters I want, so we can get a ROOF on our house. (Nice bonus - having a roof, huh?)

So - with the help (and hindrance) of everyone I know, I FINALLY made a decision last night. I was sorry to inform Curtis that we WILL have to repaint the base color, but it would have been impossible to match the 4 year old painted, weathered, dirty color that's on there now anyway. He's always a good sport though - and he loves me.

So, without further ado, here are our new paint colors. A nice neutral combo. I'm not sure what the 'accent' color will be yet - but THAT I can change. So (unless your initials are C.P.S. and you sleep next to me) I only want to hear that you LOVE these colors, and that they’re the perfect choice, unless something is incurably wrong with them. If your initials ARE C.P.S., you’re entitled to veto rights….but that means we have to start ALL OVER AGAIN. (Do you REALLY want to go there, honey…?)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice....I love the shingles. I know how exhausting it is to pick colors! You deserve a spa day after that ordeal! And if you should change your mind after the paint is up, be sure to call Mitch. He just LOVES to repaint!
;-)