It's raining cats and dogs!

12:59 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
OK, just cats, actually. Holy heart attack.

So, it's about 1am, and I'm at the computer working, as usual. Everyone else is asleep and the house is locked up tight. All of a sudden, I hear what sounds like the entire ceiling in Anna's former room next door falling down and a big THUD! Then it occurs to me - there IS no ceiling there....we already took it out. Uh oh. This can't be good.

So, I go look, and half of the black plastic sheet that was stapled to the ceiling to keep the attic dust out of the house has been ripped down, and a big black and white cat is sitting in my hallway. We don't own a cat. "MEOW?" Kodi goes on instant alert and is about to woof. Rigby, that useless sack of....well, anyway. The dog that barks at every SHADOW all day, fails to lift his weary head from my pillow where he is sleeping next to Curtis, while all of this is happening.

Yikes. I woke Curtis up to hold on to Kodi (not that he actually bothered to get up or woof afterall) while I scooped up the kitty and put him back outside. Turns out he was our 'adopted' neighborhood cat, Sylvester Kitty. The contractors just started the tie in from the second floor to the attic today, and there was a little space at the edge of the second floor and the eve at the roof line. Sylvester Kitty must have gone in and gotten the shock of his life when he plopped straight through the plastic ceiling and came eye to eye with Kodi. To his credit, he did not shit in my house.

0 comments: