Love is in the air...cartoon style

8:35 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
For the second half of this school year, Anna had a new boyfriend, James. I asked her once what exactly it meant that he was her "boyfriend". She gave me this longsuffering look, that said, "OK, I can tell you're slow so I'll explain this to you in simple terms," and replied, "It means that at recess when we play Star Wars together, *I* get to be Princess Leia." Hmmm...OK, I can live with that. Yesterday, she told me that she wished they were "teeangers, so they could see eachother and go for walks and stuff." OK, not so sure about that one. But I love James...he's a total riot.

At their kindergarten graduation, Curtis & I brought Anna a boquet of flowers. She asked me to pull out one specific orange daisy from her boquet, and then she went and gave it to James (in one of those, down low, secret kind of passes so no one would see her and make her feel embarassed). It was so sweet.

Well, now that it is summer, they are apparently missing eachother. Anna has asked every day at swim lessons if James will be there, but we keep missing eachother. So we signed them up for a day camp thing together next week. His response when he found out that Anna would be there was this: "My friend is going to see my girlfriend and have hearts floating around his eyes!". What a prefect cartoon representation of true love. It still makes me chuckle... I hope love is always that simple for her.

0 comments: