Oh, The Places She'll Go

9:16 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
Anna graduated from Kindergarten earlier this month. She did such a great job this year, and we are so proud. She finished all of her timed math tests before any other students, learned to read like a pro (we're amazed at how she's taken off!), made lots of new friends, and went the entire year without "having her star flipped over" (getting in trouble).

The graduation ceremony was adorable. All of the kids announced their own name, and they told what their favorite Kindergarten memory was. Anna said that hers was the Spring Egg Hunt.

Anna's teachers this year were just phenomenal. We adore them both! They made a little certificate for each graduate, and on it was an excerpt from the Dr. Seuss book "Oh, The Places You'll Go". Now, this was not the first time I had read this poem. In fact, I own two copies of it. I think it's great. But it's nothing new. Yet, on this day of our baby girl's Kindergarten graduation, reading the line, "KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" completely choked me up.

Even funnier is that while confessing my sappy moment at a celebratory breakfast with our family afterwards, I got choked up trying to say that line to them. And while I'm typing this blog...again. Damn you, Dr. Seuss! You know why it chokes me up? Because she will move mountains. She's amazing. She's smart, and funny, and compassionate, and thoughtful, and such a blessing to us. CONGRATULATIONS, ANNA BOO! Go move those mountains (after you clean your room)!


1 comments:

KarenFreund said...

awwww Congratulations Anna!!