Weeee Are the Champions.....!!!!

12:04 AM Edit This 2 Comments »


We WON the Amazing Race! Well...the mothers' club version anyway. Kelly and I kicked bhutt!!! Even though we both went into it feeling like crap (she was recovering from laryngitis and I am getting a migraine) we had a blast. Our friends did such a great job organizing it.

We started off with a trivia type scavenger hunt at the library. Let's just say intellect was not our strong suit tonight, but we got it finished eventually. (Did you know that the California state motto is "Eureka!" and the capital of Denmark is Copenhagen?) What? Well...would you have known it under pressure in the Amazing Race? OK, fine, whatever.

Then we had to do "Hoops, Hoops, Hoops!" Complete 20 freethrows or 100 hula hoop rotations at our next task. Kelly was not in the bball groove tonight, but her boobs ROCK at keeping a hula hoop movin'!

Then, on to Starbucks, where we convinced 3 guys to give us money and then had to buy a hot chocolate and drink it, along with eating an entire mixing bowl full of pudding. This was my task, unfortunately. I saw the team that had arrived before us had been there for some time, and was only half way through. I ate two handfuls (yes - no silverware and nothing to clean up with) and said, "Let's take the penalty. It can't be done." Kelly was pissed for a bit, but eventually everyone gave up, so we had made a wise decision.

From there we had to find 20 cans of food and meet at Applebee's. We ran to my house (which was closer than anyone else's fortunately), cleaned out my pantry, made life difficult for my poor, wonderful husband who was trying to get Anna to bed, "Who was that? I think it was Mommy. No, really, it was Mommy. Where is Mommy now?", and raced back to Applebees!

Whooo hoooo!!! We won!!! A $10 GC for Starbucks for each of us. Then we all hung out and had appetizers and drinks at Applebees. All in all....a very fun night. (And did I mention, we WON!!!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun!

Good call on the pudding - I would have puked.

JL said...

wow sounds like fun!
yay for you!
I love you Bek