Bedtime prayers...

1:22 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
We have always said bedtime prayers with Anna. We used to say the Lord's Prayer, but now that she prays too, I think that one takes too long. For a long time she favored "Now I lay me down to sleep...". Now, she finally 'gets' that a prayer can be anything that you say to God - not a specific verse to recite.

So, lately, we've had our fair share of cold, trauma, etc. The thing is, once you're on Anna's prayer list, you STAY on Anna's prayer list. We suggested that she coulod move some of those people to the "THANK YOU for making them feel better" side, instead of the "HELP them feel better" side, but she's not interested. It's a pretty impressive list she keeps. It goes something like this at the moment:

Dear God, Please help Mommy and Daddy and me and Oma (recent surgery) and Pa (I think just because Oma was there) and Michael (our church friend's son who broke his neck) and Riktor (friend with brain cancer) and Kodi (my dog with an ear owie) and Mariah (my Mom's dog) and Grandma (who knows?) to feel better. I love you, Jesus. AAAAAamen.

She's so sweet, and so thoughtful.

0 comments: