Expensive taste

9:37 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
Anna DEFINITELY loves the jewlery, and I have no idea where she picked that up. It's definitely not from me. Don't get me wrong - I love jewlery - but mostly the pieces that have sentimental attachment. A mothers' ring, a sentimental locket, an anniversary band someday, a family ring - those things thrill me. Jewlery for jewlery sake just doesn't excite me. Not the same for Anna. She loves the shiny sparkly stuff. And not the cheap stuff - the REAL stuff. I don't know if she gets it from Grandma, Aunt Linda, Aunt Dani or Aunt Tracy. Maybe a little of each.

The other day, we were walking through the department store and she kept stopping at the jewlery displays ooohing and ahhhhing. She finally decided there was one SPECIAL bracelet that she HAD to have. Now, under normal circumstances, there's probably a 50/50 chance that I'd cave and think of some reason to buy her whatever the 'thing' was she wanted. Life is short. In this case, what she "wanted" was a $400 pink saphire bracelet. YIKES!!!

I tried to explain that that was a "Mommy" kind of surprise, not a little girl surprise.
"I'm NOT a little girl anymore! I'm a BIG girl now!"

I tried to explain that it's not play jewlery.
"I won't play with it. I just want to wear it!"

Finally, I had to settle with her being pissed off at me. But I did chuckle when she went home and told on me to Grandma, Auntie Linda & Aunt Tracy. THEY understood how you could want a saphire bracelet that bad, when OBVIOUSLY I couldn't.

Such a funny little girl. It's fasinating to see her develop her own personality, separate from us all together. We're pretty blessed.

0 comments: