Out of the mouths of babes

1:38 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. Sometimes, we all have a moment when we realize that at the ripe old age of 4, Anna has probably outsmarted all of us.

This weekend, Anna and my mom were going somewhere in the car, and somehow it came up that "Mommy is smart." (I am guessing that my mom said something like "Mommy is a smartASS" and Anna misunderstood - but hey, it's probably pretty close to the mark.)

Anna said, "My daddy is smart too. Not all daddies are smart, but my Daddy is VERY smart."

My mom agreed and then tried to continue the conversation with, "...and Anna is smart, and Alisa is smart, and Grandma is smart."

Anna objected, saying, "No, I don't think Grandma is very smart." Naturally, my mom took offense to that. Anna explained by saying, "Well, you weren't very smart a few minutes ago when you couldn't figure out how to get my seat belt on."

(I'm guessing a few minutes of silence ensued at this point while my mom figured out how to respond and Alisa tried not to piss herself laughing.)

Finally, my mom says, "Well, then I guess I'm not smart enough to take you fun places or buy you surprises either."

Anna quickly recanted, "Oh, actually I think you ARE smart enough to do that, Grandma."

0 comments: