Imaginary Friends.

11:31 PM Edit This 5 Comments »
Anna has begun to have imaginary friends quite often now. Actually, they're usually imaginary animals, so maybe she's like me in that regard (liking animals - not having imaginary friends, that is). Usually she'll be pretending they are asleep, (Shhhh! My pretent baby kitten is sleeping!) or eating with her (My pretend giraffe wants a bit of my chicken.) or snuggled next to her in bed (My pretent pig needs some covers too!). But, there is danger in the fact that SHE is the only one who can see them. Mommy and Daddy are clueless. Tonight Curtis was chastized for pulling the covers over Anna, and leaving her pretend mouse without covers. And he also stepped in the imaginary frog poop.

Yesterday, she came to me with her hands held out and cupped and said "Here, Mommy!" I said, "Mmmm...yummy apples (munch munch munch sound)." Anna looked at me horrified and said, "NO! Don't eat my pretend baby giraffes!!" Ooops.

We had another nearly tragic moment about this tonight. This weekend we had mice in the garage (because it turns out my MOTHER (ah hem) had left a bag of food packaging wadded up behind the garage trash can). So, we had traps set up in various places (which worked like a charm , I must say), and it seemed that they were all gone. Then, while we're laying on our bed talking tonight, Anna comes in the room and says, "The cute little gray mouse isn't feeling good." Oh shit. We both bolted up and looked at eachother.

"What mouse honey?"
"The little gray mouse. He's not feeling good."
"Ummmmm....where is he?"
"He's out there."
(This is where Mommy goes to distract Anna while Daddy goes looking for the illin' little gray mouse.)
After Curtis leaves, Anna opens the door and picks up the Little Golden Book she'd been playing with in the hallway and turns to the back.
"See, Mommy. This little mouse is not feeling good. He looks sad."
(This is where Mommy starts breathing again.)
"Oh....THAT mouse!"

*sigh* I guess it could have been worse!

5 comments:

JL said...

ha ha I had a heart attack with the mouse comment!

mrsf1231 said...

what a great imagination she has!!! so cute

Leigh said...

Great imagination! I hope you have this recorded in a journal!

Unknown said...

OMG, she's too adorable! I love her little imagination!

Karen said...

so cute!