Our house is funny.

11:25 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
Or maybe it's just our family. Our maybe life is just good, but when Daddy gets home from work, and Anna is all wired to see him, we always bundle up on our bed and talk about our days. So much fun, and so many laughs.

We're trying to teach Anna about interrupting people. We've gotten across that you should say "Excuse me..." when someone else is talking and YOU would like to have a turn talking. Unfortunately it usually goes something like this...

ME: (To Curtis) So I answered the phone and then...

ANNA: Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me.

ME: Anna, Mommy is talking right now.

ANNA: But I said "Excuse me" and now you stopped, so I want you to keep stop talking and I'm going to tell you about the car who would never be able to get up the red hill. (We're still not sure what the deal is with the red hill....but she keeps telling us about it.)

Other funny thing she said tonight....when Curtis couldn't find a diaper in her closet and called me to ask where one was...
"Oh, it's OK Mommy. Daddy was just being confused."

1 comments:

Heather said...

Ugh, the "excuse me"'s... I so know what you mean!
Anna is a hysterically funny girl. I would love to meet her one day!