Back on the wagon...

8:39 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
...the Weight Watchers Wagon, that is. And trying to turn over a new leaf (or, tree, as the case may be....maybe orchard better describes it) in my "housekeeping" prowess. Too much at once? The hell you say!

My mom rocks. She and a friend came over last week and spent 2 whole mornings here at my house helping me clear out crap, clutter, closets, etc. We re-arranged furniture, filled 3 HUGE garbage cans with stuff to throw away, and the ENTIRE back of our full size truck (all the way to the camper shell) with stuff to sell at a garage sale. It feels so much better now. I'm trying to stay on top of it - laundry, toys, dishes, etc. I don't know why this is so challenging - because these are all things that I really LIKE to do....but it is. I think I'm just torn in so many different directions that it is hard to stay focused. I start doing laundry, then think - "Crap. I have that graph to get out. I'd better do that." Then when I get to the computer, Anna starts whining about something, and I think, "Crap. I should be spending my time playing with Anna. That's why I'm home." Etc., etc. So, end result is nothing gets done - or some stuff done, but nothing gets done WELL.

But - this is when I'm going to try to change all that. So, my "To Do" list is current (LOVING this software that I got for that) and I'm trying to stay on top of it. Wish me luck! I'll update on how it's going....if I don't get sidetracked first.

2 comments:

JL said...

isn't it nice to clear out? DOes your mom live nearby? that is so great she helped you.... nice mommy!

Ashleigh said...

I need to do a big cleanup of my house! I feel like I ahve so much clutter! Good luck wtih WW!