Did you hear the one about the dog who went to Wal-Mart?

11:54 PM Edit This 3 Comments »
So, at the ripe old age of 2.5 - Anna is writing her own material now. She's into jokes, and tonight, she made up her first, while she and Curtis and I were driving in the car. What she lacks in finesse she makes up for in timing and enthusiasm. She IS her own laugh track. It went something like this....

A: Be quiet. Listen to me. I'm talking. Let me tell you a joke.

Us: OK - tell us your joke (exchanging quizzical looks).

A: How did the dog get to Wal-Mart.

Us: (Still unsure, but amused) Ummm...I don't know. How did the dog get to Wal-Mart?

A: (Barely able to contain herself by now) He went through the Broadway Tunnel! (Now she's laughing and throwing her head back and slapping her leg in hysterics.)

Maybe it needs a little work - but we thought it was perfect. And we really DID laugh out loud. What a crack up. I don't know what we ever did without her, but I know that it is difficult to be around her and not have a smile on your face. She is so much fun, and such a neat person. We're pretty lucky - all around.

3 comments:

JL said...

awe Bek - this actually brought tears to my eyes. She is so awesome. I feel the same way, what did we do without Ben. oh yeah, You are the coolest mom too!

Karen said...

she sounds hilarious.... and she's cute to boot :)

Ashleigh said...

That is so cute!