Permit application - First Try.

2:06 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
I can see that this process is going to piss me off. (Although, I was all sweetness and light at the building department. And I took Anna along to up our "cute co-efficient".)

So - first try, no go. We need:

1 - The plans 'wet signed' (and stamped with their seal) by the architect (which is our neighbor) and the engineer (which is Curtis). All 6 sets...on each page. Fun.

2 - 2 sets of Title 24 Energy calcs (in addition to the 6 copies already included in the plan copies)

3 - Structural plans??! WTF? I don't think this is a requirement, but she said it is. She's checking and is supposed to call back this afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed. That would be big bucks. The docs that I saw said that we need a soils report and a structural calc if the addition has greater than a 500 sqft FOOTPRINT. Well, our addition is 900 sqft, but it only has a 450sqft FOOTPRINT because it is 2 story. I hope she's wrong. Ugh.

1 comments:

Karen said...

Sorry Bek. I hope you can get teh additional stuff pulled together quickly and that next time you get your permit.