Busted by the traffic police.

1:48 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
Uncle CARL, that is. Apparently, following him up on the drive to Tahoe made quite an impression on Anna. She and I were following Curtis home the other night. When we pulled into the driveway after him, she said,

“Daddy beat us! He’s a really, REALLY fast driver, just like my Uncle Carl!”

But, to be fair, she's been a little tough on me too. I went through a SLIGHTLY yellow light the other day, and we had the following conversation…no joke. I’m just glad it wasn’t in front of a police officer while I tried to sell MY side of events.

ANNA: Mommy, why did you pass the red light. Red means stop.

ME: I didn’t pass a red light, Sweetie. It was yellow.

ANNA: No, Mommy. It was red. Red is different than yellow.

ME: No, it was yellow when we went through. It turned red after that.

ANNA: NO! The light was RED and you passed it. Why did you pass the red light, Mommy? Red means stop.

(You can just repeat the above sequence in your head four or five or sixty times….that’s about how the rest of the conversation went.) Funny girl…this one.

1 comments:

mrsf1231 said...

LOL (literally sitting here at my desk laughing). that is great. she is a trip!