Such a smartie.

10:50 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
With all of the house excitement, I haven't posted as many Anna-isims lately. But trust me, they still occur with frightening regularity. She is so darned SMART. She just amazes me sometimes.

This morning, the first thing I heard from her was (peeking through the blinds over her bed):
"Mommy! It's MORNING!! And it's really foggy outside today."

We've been getting these little string cheese sticks with riddles on them. Yesterday's was, "What kind of room has no doors and no windows. A MUSHroom." Ha. get it? Mushroom? What, you don't think that's HILARIOUS?! Well, then you obviously haven't heard Anna's delivery, because everyone she's told so far has laughed...HARD. It might be her stage presence. It usually goes something like this...
"What-has-no-doors-or-windows-a-mushroom-AHHAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!!!" (you'll have to picture the arms thrown up in the air from laughing so hard at her own joke.)

Lately, everything that she denies us, is followed up with a "but I DO still love you."
ME: Anna, can I have a bite of your apple.
ANNA: No thank you.
ME: WHAT?!!
ANNA: But I *DO* still love you, Mommy.

To my mom, on my cell phone while we were on the way to visit Grandma.
GRANDMA: Are you coming to see me!
ANNA: YES!
GRANDMA: All by yourself?
ANNA: No, I'm bringing your daughter with me.

Grandma told Anna that she could only bring her popsicle into the living room if Mommy would be responsible for the ensuing mess. Anna said to me:
"Mommy, will you be res, resp, that word that Grandma said, so that I can have my popsicle?"

Anna doesn't like driving in the truck because it doesn't have a DVD player in it. (Don't get me started....'When *I* was a girl, we didn't have....'). But we've been doing a lot of switching back and forth because we need the truck to do house projects. So, every morning this week, when we went outside and hound the VAN there, Anna kept saying,
"That Daddy of mine is such a sweetie. He's so sweet. He left the van for us. What a love."

Anna has decided that she is the mommy of her stuffed kitten. More frightening, is that she has decided that Kyle is the father of her kitty, because he makes a "really good Daddy." Not that Kyle won't make a GREAT father some day, I'm just not ready to talk about the father of ANNA'S children yet!!!

1 comments:

mrsf1231 said...

she is too stinkin cute! I love it.