One Coherent Thought....

10:58 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Nope - lost it already. It doesn't take long. So, I'll just ramble on here with stuff I keep meaning to write, but not finding the time to:

THE HOUSE UPDATE
The roof is almost done! Whoo hoo!! Just need gutters. Curtis fell off a ladder and sprained his ankle on Saturday while we were working on our part of it. OK, well, he takes exception to the phrase 'fell of a ladder'. He 'stumbled down the last few rungs while trying to get off of a ladder' and injured himself. (There - how's that?) So, we didn't finish all of our part before the real roofers came on monday, and some of what we did just did NOT go well for some reason. So I TOTALLY took one for the team here. *I* was the one that had to stand there with the roofer Monday morning and look at the piece of crap repair work we had done. I think his exact words were "A child could have done this. It is THE worst roofing work I have EVER seen." So - I played the silly girl card and said, "Gee, can you just fix it?". They did. I just hate being the dumb girl. I am pretty damned capable, if I do say so myself.

Windows and doors go in this week. House wrap and siding after that. Yeah! It is so exciting to see it all come together. This weekend we're starting the electrical, working on some of the new mechanical system and doing some exterior demo to get ready for the new siding.


ANNA CATHERINE

Oh Anna. What a crack up these days. What are some of the best ones?
--------------------------------
This morning I was expecting someone, but I couldn't tell the difference between the pounding on the roof and the knocking on the door. So after checking the 10th time, I said, "Hey - can you tell Mommy if someone is here? I can't tell if it's the roof knocking or someone at the door." She replied, "The roof doesn't knock, Mommy. The people on the roof knock." Ahhhh....yes. I stand corrected. Thanks.
--------------------------------
She walked into our bedroom today to find our whole back wall gone, and she proceeded to walk over to the contractors and say, "Oh my, you made such a terrible mess. Why did you do that?"
--------------------------------
After hearing the guys out back talking and joking around while they were working. I hear her call out, "Mommy, they're laughing at you." I started to correct her, but hell, after the roof work I just showed them - they probably WERE laughing at me.
--------------------------------
This weekend, she informed me that "boys and girls are different". Fearing the OBVIOUS, I asked, "How"? She said, "Boys are always asking where everyting is, every time. And the girls have to tell them where to find it. " Ahhh.....I couldn't have PAID her to say anything better than that. However, Curtis was quick to point out that she also asked me to sit in the passenger seat last time we all got in the car to drive to the store. When I asked why, she said, "So Daddy can drive. He's a much better driver than you are."

CURTIS' NON FALLING OFF OF THE LADDER INJURY
Curtis is doing pretty good. He followed the doctors' orders closely and kept his foot elevated and rested and used the crutches they sent him home with. Yeah...I didn't figure you'd buy that. Actually, he went to the Giants' game the next day and left his crutches at home on monday morning. His foot is doing better, but it's gotten more swollen and bruised now.

0 comments: