Open letter to my husband.

10:32 AM Edit This 6 Comments »
Dear Curtis,

I don't really know where to begin, so I'll just say, I'm sorry. Truly sorry, from the bottom of my heart. I know that you are going to be disappointed in me. I know that we have talked about this before, and promised eachother that we would never let it "happen to us" - but it has.

When we decided, 4 years ago, that I would be a stay at home mom, I truly felt that I would be good at it, and enjoy it, and that it would be the best for our children. Today, I think I have failed. You KNOW that Anna's well being is of the utmost importance to me. And what happened this morning was inexcusable. I did call the urgent care line at Kaiser though, and I talked to her pediatrician as well. Although they understood my panic, they said that they think she should be fine, as long as we're sure that it never happens again. I'm so sorry. I think she's going to be OK, but I do realize that this is a very serious situation.

I'm not even really sure how it happened. I turned on "Dora the Explorer" for her, and started doing some work stuff on the computer. I just lost track of time. I did notice she was quiet, but I didn't notice WHY until it was too late. Gosh - when I saw what she was doing, my heart just stopped.

I hope we can get past this, someday. I know I will have to earn your trust again. I'll do whatever I have to. And from this day forward, I make my most solemn vow to you, I WILL NEVER, EVER LET ANNA WATCH BARNEY AGAIN. It makes me shudder to think that she almost saw an ENTIRE episode.

I hope we can work this out. After all....I love you. You love me. We're a happy family.

Love,
Bek

6 comments:

devongirlie said...

Very scary!

Karen said...

HA! You had me all nervous there.

Heather said...

Bek Bek Bek... How could you have let this happen?!

LOL

Ashleigh said...

Jeesh Bek, my heart was just thumping haha!

mrsf1231 said...

ok first my heard jumped and now I am crying from laughing so hard. I know how you feel!!!! I know they have seen it I just cant figure out where!

mrsf1231 said...

HA my heart not heard (damn it why cant you edit?!?)